HelloTalk is by far the biggest language exchange platform in the world, with circa 30 million+ users and rising. It’s an app packed full of features, from text and voice messaging to voice and video calling. Posting Moments allows language learners to share whatever interests them, and other members can help by correcting mistakes. But it’s HelloTalk’s powerful language tools, which are akin to a translator on steroids, that new users find so helpful. Here’s why…
- ‘Speak’ will dictate the message aloud.
- ‘Translate’ gives you a choice of languages to convert the message into, showing the translation beneath the original
- ‘Transliteration’ spells out the characters. In the case of Chinese, for example, each character features the corresponding Pinyin, thus dramatically deciphering your second language.
- ‘Correction’ will enable you to provide your language partner with an example of how you believe they should have written their message to you.
Transcription converts the voice message into text using the language of your choice; be it your mother tongue or your second language. Click ‘more’ for top language choices
You then have access to all of the features of text messages, as listed above!
- Tap and hold over the “Self-introduction” and you can see the meaning of individual phrases and characters. Tap the speaker icon to hear them spoken
- Tap and hold over “My Hometown”, “My Education”, “My Occupation”, “Interests & Hobbies”, and “Places I want to go” to see the direct translations, arming you with all the information you need to strike up that all-important initial conversation!
So, where other apps might translate, HelloTalk digs far deeper, helping you to analyze, scrutinize, dissect, and thoroughly translate in every way possible. Giving you the help you need to make real progress in your second language, get HelloTalk, and start translating NOW!
Click here to download HelloTalk!